The smart-pump for commercial buildings with building management system.
The smart-pump for commercial buildings with building management system.
With optimised and innovative energy-saving features, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO sets new standards for commercial HVAC and drinking water applications in terms of energy efficiency. Its outstanding user-friendliness makes operating the pump easier than ever before.
- Various options for integration into the building management system
- Intuitive operation by application-guided settings with the Setup Guide plus the combination of a display and operating button using Green Button Technology.
- Maximum energy efficiency thanks to the combination of optimised and innovative energy-saving functions (e.g. No-Flow Stop).
- Optimum system efficiency thanks to new and innovative intelligent control functions such as Dynamic Adapt plus, Multi-Flow Adaptation, T-const. and ΔT-const.
- State-of-the-art communication interfaces (e.g. Bluetooth) for connection to mobile devices, including direct pump networking for multi-pump control via the Wilo Net.
- Maximum convenience for electric installation with the spacious and clearly arranged terminal room and optimised Wilo-Connector.
Tomorrow’s technology for today’s systems.
Head start in the future: the Wilo-Stratos MAXO family.
The world’s first smart-pump* features tomorrow’s innovations that make your life easier today: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO offers you greater efficiency, connectivity and comfort than ever before. It is the first pump which has an intuitive user interface – and makes installation and operation as easier than ever before. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO also redefines system efficiency: By featuring innovative energy-saving functions and new control modes it attains maximum system efficiency.
The highest level of compatibility with existing systems is also a matter of course for our smart-pump.In 2017, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has already been awarded the “Design Plus powered by ISH” seal of approval for its sustainability, innovative design and energy-efficient technology.
In addition, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has won “GOLD” in the “Technology” category of the “BLUE INNOVATION AWARD 2018” exhibitor’s innovation prize, which was awarded for the first time at the expoEnergy 2018 in Wels. Put your faith in the pump technology of the future; you and your customers will profit from the outstanding features of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO.
* We understand a smart-pump as a new category of pumps, which goes far beyond our high-efficiency pumps or pumps with pump intelligence. Only the combination of the latest sensor technology and innovative control functions (e.g. Dynamic Adapt plus and Multi-Flow Adaptation), bidirectional connectivity (e.g. Bluetooth, integrated analogue inputs, binary inputs and outputs, Wilo Net interface), software updates and excellent usability (e.g. thanks to the Setup Guide, the preview principle for predictive navigation and the tried and tested Green Button Technology) make this pump a smart-pump.
Maximum connectivity with Wilo-Smart Connect
From the integration in building automation to control by app, Wilo ensures comprehensive communication capability with intelligent and smart technologies. We connect you smartly to your pumps and pump systems and give you an overview of installation sites and operating conditions whilst you are on the go.Get all information about Smart Connect
Highest efficiency for heating, air conditioning and cooling.
Powerful, easy maintenance, reliable and a long service life are properties which you can naturally expect from Wilo pumps. Our high-efficiency pumps deliver top-rate performances for applications in heating, air conditioning and cooling.
Supplying a property with water and heat at all times puts high demands on the pumps with regard to energy efficiency and resource conservation. Wilo meets these challenges with customised solutions and highly efficient technology; our heating systems achieve maximum efficiencies. This way, landlords and business owners can noticeably lower their operating costs and increase the value of their property long-term.
Installation in no time.
More user-friendliness than ever before: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO offers maximum convenience for installation and configuration – and therefore saving time in your day-to-day work. The control panel, terminal box and power board have been fitted one behind the other to avoid the problem of too small terminal spaces. The power supply unit and the pump electronics are located one level behind the terminal space and are supplied with the same optimised Wilo-Connector for all sizes. Thanks to spring clips for an easy connection, no additional tool is necessary.
Your installation advantages in detail:
- Easily-accessible, clearly arranged and uniform cable braid
- Up to five cable bushings
- Separate input for power and for Wilo Net
- Coloured labelling of terminals and a clear separation of electrical and communication connections (SELV) for a safe and easy assignment of the terminals
- One click commissioning (factory settings: Heating, Dynamic Adapt plus, date and time)
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (automatic selection of correct control function)
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
One click commissioning.
Intuitive operation: Wilo-Stratos MAXO impresses with the application-guided configuration with the help of the settings assistant, a new display and the operating button using the Green Button Technology. This provides outstanding user-friendliness on commissioning.
Your advantages on commissioning in detail:
- One click commissioning with factory settings (Heating – Radiator – Dynamic Adapt plus)
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (guided selection of correct control function)
- Intuitive user interface with preview function and application-based presettings
- Large display with high resolution and very good legibility
Innovative technologies for more efficient systems.
The new intelligent control modes are in Focus for higher efficiency. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO is the pump with the highest system efficiency on the market. It achieves its maximum efficiency thanks to optimised and innovative energy-saving functions such as Multi-Flow Adaptation and No-Flow Stop as well as its excellent EEI ≤ 0.17 to ≤ 0.19. The combination of additional sophisticated control functions such as Dynamic Adapt plus allows for highest energy efficiency of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO – with easiest operation.
Dynamic adapt plus
The new control function automatically adjusts the delivery head to the hydraulic demand without the need to specify a setpoint. After initial commissioning, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO selects a duty point in the middle of the pump duty chart. New operating points are identified after each change in volume flow. The aim of this control method is to select the operating point so that the valves are open as wide as possible. This allows the system to operate with the lowest possible pressure loss. The adaptation to variable pressure conditions is performed automatically and independently. Up to 20 % energy savings compared to control mode Δp-v
The new innovative energy-saving function enables the feeder pump to adjust its output to the precise demand of the connected consumer circuit pumps. The feeder pump continuously receives the respective required volume flow from each individual secondary pump in short intervals. The sum of the required volume flows from all secondary pumps results from the target volume flow of the feeder pump, so that the feeder pump only pumps the precise volume flow that the secondary pump requires. It has the advantage that electrical pumping energy is saved in comparison to Δp-c control. In addition, a lower return temperature optimises the heat generator’s degree of utilisation which, in turn, has a positive fuel saving effect. For local and district heating transfer stations, the lower return temperature also leads to higher operational reliability, as it avoids activation of the return temperature limiter as well as overflows.
The energy-saving function automatically deactivates the pump at zero-flow-detection. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO recognises when, despite its speed, the volume flow supplied is too low. This means that the valves in the consumer circuit are closed. Thanks to the intelligent function the pump stops the motor if the volume flow falls below a specified minimum level. At regular intervals, it checks whether the minimum volume flow has been exceeded again, then continues in its set control mode in auto control mode. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO thus avoids unnecessary running time and saves electrical pumping energy.
Smart pumps for Dortmund’s football temple
“An atmosphere that only a true football arena can achieve”. This is how the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK was described on 2 April 1974 on its christening with a friendly match against FC Schalke 04. Since the third expansion stage was completed, the Dortmund stadium is among the largest stadiums in Europe. For its smooth operation, the sports venue in the Ruhr area relies on the smart pump technology provided by the Wilo-Stratos MAXO.
At 62 metres high, the eight yellow floodlight towers on the SIGNAL IDUNA PARK are a distinctive feature of the Dortmund skyline. With space for 81,365 fans, Dortmund’s stadium is the biggest in Germany - the legendary south stand, known as the “Yellow Wall”, is Europe’s largest standing-only terrace.Reference information
We have answers to your questions
Our products and services have aroused your interest? Then we are happy to help!
Whether it's creating an offer or editing service specifications, designing different types of equipment, advising on the selection of pumps and switchgear, or just helping with hydraulic and control issues.
Feel free to contact your nearest sales office and make an appointment. We look forward to you!Find the right contact for your question.
Smart glandless circulator with screwed connection or flange connection, EC motor with integrated electronic power adjustment.
Hot-water heating systems of all kinds, air-conditioning systems, closed cooling circuits, industrial circulation systems.
Field of application
The pump facilitates an operation with highest system efficiency via precise setting of the control mode for the system-specific application (e.g. radiator, underfloor heating, ceiling cooling).
- Underfloor heating
- Ceiling heating
- Fan heater
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
- Ceiling cooling
- Underfloor cooling
- Air-conditioning devices
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
Heating and cooling combined
- Automatic switchover
The following control modes are available depending on the selected application:
- Constant speed (control mode)
- Δp-c for constant differential pressure
- Δp-v for variable differential pressure
- Dynamic Adapt plus for continuous (dynamic) adjustment of the delivery rate to the current requirement
- T-const. for constant temperature regulation
- ΔT-const. for constant differential temperature regulation
- Constant Q for constant volume flow control
- Multi-Flow Adaptation: Total volume flow determination through the feeder pump for the needs-based supply of secondary pumps in the heating circuit distributors
- User-defined PID controller
- Q-limitmax. for limiting the maximum volume flow
- Q-limitmin. for limiting the minimum volume flow
- No-Flow Stop (zero-flow-deactivation)
- Automatic setback operation (version “-R7”: not possible; however, possible with Stratos MAXO temperature sensor)
- Index circuit evaluator (Δp-c control with external actual value sensor)
- Variable pitch of Δp-v pump curve
- Selection of the field of application in the setting assistant
- Setting the related operating parameters
- Nominal duty point: direct input of calculated duty point at Δp-v
- Status display
- Setting and resetting the energy meters (heating and cooling)
- Pump venting function
- Key lock for disabling the settings
- Function for resetting the factory settings or the saved restoration points (parameter sets)
- Parameterising the analogue inputs
- Parameterising the binary inputs
- Parameterising the relay outputs
- Twin-head pump function (for 2 single pumps, which should be operated as twin-head pump)
- Power adjustment according to requirements for energy-efficient operation depending on the operating mode
- Detection of setback operation (version “-R7”: not possible; however, possible with Stratos MAXO temperature sensor)
- Deactivation at zero flow (No-Flow Stop)
- Soft start
- Automatic troubleshooting routines (e.g. deblocking function)
- Switchover between heating/cooling mode (version “-R7”: automatic switchover not possible; however, possible with Stratos MAXO temperature sensor)
- Full motor protection with integrated trip electronics
External control inputs and their functions
- 2 x analogue inputs:
- Signal types: 0 – 10 V, 2 – 10 V, 0 – 20 mA, 4 – 20 mA, PT1000
- Applications: Remote adjustment of the setpoints in every control mode (except Multi-Flow Adaptation), sensor inputs for temperature, differential pressure or free sensor in user-defined PID-operating mode
- 2 x digital inputs:
- For potential-free control outputs or switch
- Parametrisable functions:
- Ext. Off
- Ext. Min
- Ext. Max
- MANUAL (BMS-OFF)
- Key lock
- Switchover between heating/cooling mode
Wilo Net for dual pump management of 2 single pumps, communication of several pumps with each other and pump-remote adjustment via gateway
Signal and display functions
- Display status operation display:
- Actual delivery head
- Actual volume flow
- Power consumption
- Electric consumption
- Temperatures (version “-R7”: current fluid temperature possible with Stratos MAXO temperature sensor)
- Status display LED: Faultless operation (green LED), pump communication (blue LED)
- Display status of display fault (display red):
- Error codes and error description in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status of display warning (display yellow):
- Warning codes and description of the warning in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status process indicator (display blue):
- Pump venting
- Update procedure
- Display BMS communication (display blue):
- Summary of the active BMS parameters (baud rate, address, ...)
- Collective fault signal SSM (potential-free changeover contact)
- Collective run signal SBM (potential-free normally open contact)
- Bluetooth interface for wireless data exchange and remote operation of the pump using a smartphone or tablet.
- Remote monitoring of the pump via the Internet with the Wilo-Smart Gateway.
- Digital Modbus TCP interface for connection to building automation (BA) (possible with Wilo-CIF module Ethernet [multi-protocol]).
- Serial digital interface Modbus RTU for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module Modbus RTU).
- Digital BACnet IP interface for connection to building automation (BA) (possible with Wilo-CIF module Ethernet [multi-protocol]).
- Serial digital interface BACnet MS/TP for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module BACnet MS/TP).
- Serial digital interface LON for connecting building automation (BA) via bus system LONWorks (possible with Wilo-CIF module LON).
- Serial digital interface CANopen for connecting building automation (BA) via bus system CANopen (possible with Wilo-CIF module CANopen).
- Serial digital interface PLR for connecting BA via company-specific coupling module (possible with Wilo-CIF module PLR).
Dual pump management (twin-head pump or 2 x single pumps)
- Main/standby operation (automatic fault-actuated switchover/time-sensitive pump alteration)
- Parallel operation (efficiency-optimised peak load cut-in and out)
- For flange-end pumps: Flange versions
- Standard version for DN 32 to DN 65 pumps: PN 6/10 combination flange (PN 16 flange according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 and PN 16 counter flanges
- Standard version for DN 80/DN 100 pumps: PN 6 flange (designed for PN 16 according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 counter flange
- Special version for DN 32 to DN 100 pumps: PN 16 flange (according to EN 1092-2) for PN 16 counter flange
- Various integrated communication interfaces and optionally usable CIF module plug-in position
- 5 cable inlets for connecting the communication interfaces
- Bluetooth interface
- High resolution graphic display with green button and 2 additional buttons
- User-friendly terminal room
- Integrated temperature sensor (version “-R7”: without)
- Thermal insulation as standard for heating applications
- Quick electrical connection with optimised Wilo-Connector for the power supply
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
- 2x threaded cable connection M16 x 1.5
- Washers for flange screws (for nominal connection diameters DN 32 - DN 65)
- Gaskets for threaded connection
- Thermal insulation
- Installation and operating instructions
Wilo-Stratos MAXO 30/0,5-12
High-efficiency pump (screw-end or flange-end pump), electronically controlled
Nominal connection diameter
Nominal delivery head range [m]
without integrated Stratos MAXO temperature sensor
- Permissible temperature range of -10 °C to +110 °C, -10 °C to +90 °C (version “-R7”)
- Mains connection 1~230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Protection class IPX4D
- Screwed connection or flange connection (depending on type) Rp 1 to DN 100
- Max. operating pressure of standard version: 6/10 bar or 6 bar (special version: 10 bar or 16 bar)
- Insulation class: F
- Interference emission in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / residential environment (C1)
- Interference immunity in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / industrial environment (C2)
- Max. volume flow Q: 68 m³/h
- Max. delivery head H: 16 m
- Bearing: Carbon, antimony-impregnated
- Impeller: PPS-GF40
- Pump housing: 5.1300, KTL-coated
- Shaft: 1.4028, DLC-coated
- Smart glandless circulator with EC motor and integrated electronic power adjustment
- Green Button Technology and graphic display
- Motor protection with trip electronics
- Plug connection for functional extension with optional CIF module for building automation (BA)
- Impeller with three-dimensionally curved blades and plastic sealing tube made of carbon fibre composite material
Installation and operating instructions
Installation and operating instructions (digital)
General overview (Documents)
Stratos, Stratos-D, Stratos-Z, Stratos-ZD, Stratos MAXO, Stratos MAXO-D, Stratos MAXO-Z, Stratos PARA, Stratos PARA-Z,Yonos MAXO, Yonos MAXO-Z, Yonos ECO BMS, Yonos PARA HF, TOP-S, TOP-Z, TOP-SD, TOP-RL, TOP-I
|Page format||209.9 x 297.0 mm|
|Number of pages||40|