Pressure-boosting system as a fully automatic compact unit for firefighting purposes in accordance with EN 12845.
Consisting of a pump with horizontal base frame - EN 733 - with spacer coupling, electric motor and diaphragm pressure vessel (capacity: 20 l) and one switch cabinet, fixed to a robust support structure.
Model EC-Fire E for the electric motor, equipped with Easy Controller, solid construction made of special profiled parts with cut-outs for forklift trucks and hooks to ensure trouble-free, safe transportation. Height-adjustable bracket for the outlet manifold and special base frame which reduces the transfer of vibrations considerably and increases the reliability and service life.
A circuit with dual pressure switch, pressure gauge, non-return valve, valve (secured from use by unauthorised personnel) for the main pump for automatic start. The cables are concealed in the construction and protected against bumps and cuts. Equipped with a diaphragm installed directly on the main pump housing as standard, to prevent overheating in the event of zero flow.
EC-Fire E switchgear for fire extinguishing systems according to EN 12845.
Switchgear integrated in a sheet metal enclosure in accordance with protection class IP54.
Ultimate control quality and supremely easy operation due to the EC-Fire control unit with direct display of the current operating status, with symbol-based multilingual LCD display, easy user interface with simple menu navigation, push buttons for quick setting of parameters. Communicative control unit for monitoring system operation.
The system has been mounted on the base frame with wires and pipes are ready for connection.
The maximum inlet pressure must be taken into account when designing the system configuration (see Technical data). The maximum permissible inlet pressure is calculated from the maximum operating pressure of the system minus the maximum delivery head of the pump at Q = 0. For sprinkler systems in accordance with EN 12845, the water pressure should not exceed 12 bar. In sprinkler systems with a pronounced slope, in which the difference in height between the highest and lowest sprinkler is more than 45 m, the water pressure can be higher than 12 bar at the pump outlet or in the piping, provided that all of the system components are designed for this pressure level.
Installation of the pressure boosting pump under suction conditions.
For the main pump, it is necessary to install a supply tank with connection to the discharge pipe above the pump.
Up to 350 m³/h (97 l/s) system configuration for the main pump.
Switchgear/control device for fire water supply systems
Wilo-Control EC-Fire E (main pump with electric motor)
Fully electronic central control unit, installed in a painted steel enclosure, protection class IP54, control and display devices on the front door
Features and functions:
The design of the control device depends on the power of the connected pump (start via DOL or star-delta connection). The device comprises the following components:
- Main switch: For switching the switchgear on and off. (For unauthorised use in the event of a fire)
- Display: Display built into the door of the switch cabinet for operation and display purposes. Shows the operating data and the operating status of the pump and the control unit using symbols. Menus are selected and parameters entered using the push buttons on the front door
- Microprocessor: Microprocessor PLC realised by programming, power supply unit and I/O wiring. The configuration of the programming depends on the system and the sprinkler system
- Indicators: Long-life signal lamps indicate the operational readiness, motor operation and operation of the pump, the activation of the pressure switch and float switch, a false start, manual start and manual stop
- Buttons: Push buttons for manual start and manual stop, the lamp test and menu selection
- Fuse protection: Fuses which tolerate the starting current for at least 20 s
- Motor startup: Contactor for direct-on-line starting, up to 22 kW, for higher power levels start via star-delta connection
- Motor protection: Only for signalling
- Monitoring of the water supply: By means of a float switch to ensure a minimum water level of 2/3 of the supply tank is always maintained
- Performance monitoring: Power supply and performance of the pump
- Combined signal report: All types of error are displayed via a common error indicator
- Individual signal report: The important false start error message is displayed via an individual error indicator
- Error message and acknowledgement: All error messages are displayed via LEDs, shown in the display as an error code and must be acknowledged
- Factory-programmed for fully automatic operation
- Information regarding voltage, electric current and power of the pump
- Menu navigation with plain text display
Conforms to the following standards:
- Fixed firefighting systems. Automatic sprinkler systems (EN 12845), part for pumps with electric motor
- Electrical equipment of machines (EN 60204-1)
- Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies (EN 61439-1 and EN 61439-2)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) — Immunity for industrial environments (EN 61000-6-2)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) — Emission standard for residential, commercial and light-industrial environments (EN 61000-6-3)
Wilo EC-Fire E control devices can be used to control pumps with an electric motor, sensors for pump management and the level of information. The microprocessor-controlled switchgear is used to control and regulate all required functions of a pressure-boosting system according to EN 12845, for test purposes or actual sprinkler events.
The operating logic for the fire extinguishing system is based on the cascade calibration of the pressure switches for starting the pump.
If a large amount of water is requested due to the opening of one or more circuits or due to a defective sprinkler, the pressure in the system decreases. As a result, the main pump is started using switchgear. If the electric main pump does not start in systems with multiple pumps (for example due to problems with the power supply), a pressure drop will activate the pressure switch of the standby pump, which starts this pump. In some cases, two or more electric pumps can be used.
As soon as the sprinkler circuit or gate valve, via which the sprinkler heads are supplied, is closed, pressure is built up in the system. The stop buttons on the front door must then be pressed to stop the pump.
|Max. delivery head Hmax||64.6 m|
|Number of pumps||1|
|Fluid temperature T||3 °C|
|Ambient temperature T||4 °C|
|Maximum operating pressure PN||16 bar|
|Maximum inlet pressure p inl||6 bar|
|Mains connection||3~400 V, 50 Hz|
|Rated power P2||37 kW|
|Rated current IN||65.5 A|
|Power factor cos φ||0.87|
|Rated speed n||2955 1/min|
|Protection class switchgear||IP54|
|Pump housing||Cast iron|
|Pipe connection on the suction side DNs||DN 100|
|Pipe connection on the discharge side DNd||DN 125|
|Net weight, approx. m||915 kg|