Pressure boosting system as a fully automatic compact unit for fire fighting purposes in accordance with EN 12845.
Consisting of a pump with horizontal base frame - EN 733 - with spacer coupling, electric motor and diaphragm pressure vessel (capacity: 20 l) and one switch cabinet, fixed to a robust support structure.
Model SC-Fire E for the electric motor, equipped with Smart Controller, solid construction made of special profiled parts with cut-outs for forklift trucks and hooks to ensure trouble-free, safe transportation. Height-adjustable bracket for the outlet manifold and special base frame which reduces the transfer of vibrations considerably and increases the reliability and service life.
A circuit with dual pressure switch, pressure gauge, non-return valve, valve (secured from use by unauthorised personnel) for the main pump for automatic start. The cables are concealed in the construction and protected against bumps and cuts. Equipped with a diaphragm installed directly on the main pump housing as standard, to prevent overheating in the event of zero flow.
SC-Fire E switchgear for fire extinguishing systems according to EN 12845.
Switchgear integrated in a sheet metal enclosure in accordance with protection class IP54.
Very high quality control system and particularly easy operation thanks to SC Fire control, with symbol-based LC display, simple user interface with clear menu layout, pressure and rotary switches for quick adjustment of parameters. Communicative control unit for monitoring system operation.
The system has been mounted on the base frame with wires and pipes are ready for connection.
The maximum intake pressure must be taken into account when designing the system configuration (see Technical data). The maximum permissible intake pressure is calculated from the maximum operating pressure of the system minus the maximum delivery head of the pump at Q = 0. For sprinkler systems in accordance with EN 12845, the water pressure should not exceed 12 bar. In sprinkler systems with a pronounced slope, in which the difference in height between the highest and lowest sprinkler is more than 45 m, the water pressure can be higher than 12 bar at the pump outlet or in the piping, provided that all of the system components are designed for this pressure level.
Installation of the pressure boosting pump under suction conditions.
For the main pump, it is necessary to install a supply tank with connection to the discharge pipe above the pump.
Up to 750 m³/h (208 l/s) system configuration for the main pump.
Switchgear/control device for fire water supply systems
Wilo-Control SC-Fire E (main pump with electric motor)
Fully electronic central control unit, installed in a painted steel enclosure, protection class IP54, control and display devices on the front door
Features and functions:
The design of the control device depends on the power of the connected pump (start via DOL or star-delta connection). The device comprises the following components:
- Main switch: For switching the switchgear on and off. (For unauthorised use in the event of a fire)
- Display: Display built into the door of the switch cabinet for operation and display purposes. Shows the operating data and the operating status of the pump and control unit through a combination of symbols and numerical codes. Menu selection and parameter input is effected via the red button
- Microprocessor with Soft PLC: Microprocessor PLC (Soft PLC), realised through programming, the power supply unit and the I/O wiring. The programming configuration depends on the system and the sprinkler system
- Indicators: Longlife signal lamps indicate the operational readiness and operation of the pump, the activation of the pressure switch and the float switch, a false start, a collective error, manual start and manual stop
- Buttons: Push buttons for manual start and manual stop, the lamp test and acknowledgement of alarms and warning messages
- Fuse protection: Fuses which tolerate the starting current for at least 20 s
- Motor startup: Contactor for direct-on-line starting, up to 22 kW, for higher power levels start via star-delta connection
- Motor protection: Only for signalling
- Monitoring of the water supply: By means of a float switch to ensure a minimum water level of 2/3 of the supply tank is always maintained
- Performance monitoring: Power supply and performance of the pump
- Combined signal report: All types of error are displayed via a common error indicator
- Individual signal report: The important false start error message is displayed via an individual error indicator
- Error message and acknowledgement: All error messages are displayed via LEDs, shown in the display as an error code and must be acknowledged
- Factory-programmed for fully automatic operation
- Information regarding voltage, electric current and power of the pump
- Menu navigation with symbol representation
Conforms to the following standards:
- Fixed firefighting systems - Automatic sprinkler systems (EN 12845), part for pumps with electric motor
- Electrical equipment of machines (EN 60204-1)
- Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies (EN 61439-1 and EN 61439-2)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) — Immunity for industrial environments (EN 61000-6-2)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) — Emission standard for residential, commercial and light-industrial environments (EN 61000-6-3)
Wilo SC-Fire E control devices can be used to control pumps with an electric motor, sensors for pump management and the level of information. The SC-unit is controlled via a microprocessor with Soft PLC. It is used to control and regulate the necessary functions of pressure boosting systems for fire fighting in accordance with EN 12845 for test purposes and operation of the sprinkler system.
The operating logic for the fire extinguishing system is based on the cascade calibration of the pressure switches for starting the pump.
If a large amount of water is requested due to the opening of one or more circuits or due to a defective sprinkler, the pressure in the system decreases. The SC-Fire controller then initiates a startup of the main pump. As soon as the sprinkler circuit or gate valve via which the sprinkler heads are supplied is closed, holding pressure (static pressure) is built up in the system. The stop buttons on the SC-Fire must then be actuated to stop the main pump.
A significant advantage offered by the Smart Controller SC-Fire is the user friendliness of the tried and tested Wilo red-button technology. At the heart of the SC is the Soft PLC programmable logic controller, which is based exclusively on Wilo's wealth of experience. All programming is implemented internally. These next generation control devices can therefore be used flexibly and fulfil customer-specific requirements in all markets.
|Max. delivery head Hmax|
|Number of pumps|
|Fluid temperature T|
|Ambient temperature T|
|Maximum operating pressure PN|
|Maximum inlet pressure p inl|
3~400 V, 50 Hz
|Rated power P2|
|Rated current IN|
|Power factor cos φ|
|Rated speed n|
|Protection class switchgear|
|Pipe connection on the suction side DNs|
|Pipe connection on the pressure side DNd|
|Information for order placements|
|Net weight, approx. m|