Wilo-Sub TWU 3 HS
- Constant, adjustable pressure thanks to external frequency converter with integrated control (TWU 3 HS-ECP)
- Easy installation with no additional sensors provided by the customer for pressure control (TWU 3 HS-ECP)
- High output thanks to integrated frequency converters with fixed motor speed of 8,400 rpm (TWU 3 HS-I)
- Reduction of well bore expansion and installation costs due to narrower diameter and installation volume
- Comprehensive monitoring and protection functions for absolute operational reliability
Multistage, frequency controlled 3" submersible pump in jacketed construction for vertical or horizontal installation
- For private water supply from boreholes, wells and rainwater storage tanks
- For domestic water supply, sprinkling and irrigation
- For pumping water without long-fibre and abrasive constituents
- Multistage submersible-motor pump with radial impellers
- Integrated non-return valve
- Including frequency converter (HS-E…: external, HS-I…: built-in)
- Thermal motor protection built into the frequency converter
Scope of delivery
- Hydraulics + motor ready assembled
- Frequency converter
- 1.75 m connecting cable approved for drinking water (cross-section: 4x1.5 mm2)
- Installation and operating instructions
Wilo sub TWU 3-0305-HS-E-CP
Diameter of the hydraulic unit in inches ["]
Nominal volume flow [m3/h]
Number of hydraulic stages
Frequency converter version E = external frequency converter I = internal frequency converter
Control function CP = constant pressure control without = fixed speed with up to 8400 rpm
- Supply voltage: HS-E…: 1~230 V, 50/60 Hz (connection to the AC mains supply by a frequency converter ) HS-I…: 1~230 V, 50/60 Hz (direct connection to the AC mains supply)
- Submerged operating mode: S1
- Fluid temperature: 3 – 35 °C
- Minimum flow rate at motor: 0.08 m/s
- Max. sand content: 50 g/m3
- Max. number of starts: 30/h
- Max. immersion depth: 150 m
- Protection class: IP58
- Pressure connection: Rp 1/Rp 1¼
Frequency converter for version “HS-E…”:
- Mains connection: 1~230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 3~230 V/max. 140 Hz/max. 2.2 kW
- Fluid temperature: 3 – 50 °C
- Max. pressure: 8 bar
- Protection class: IPX5
- Connection: G 1¼
- Hydraulic housing: Stainless steel 1.4301
- Impellers: Polycarbonate
- Hydraulics shaft: 1.4104 stainless steel
- Motor housing: Stainless steel 1.4301
- Motor shaft: 1.4305 stainless steel
Submersible pump for vertical or horizontal installation.
Multistage submersible pump with radial impellers with sectional construction. Integrated non-return valve. All parts in contact with the fluid are made of corrosion-free materials.
Corrosion-free asynchronous motor for connection to the frequency converter supplied (HS-E…) or for direct connection to the mains power supply (HS-I…). Rewindable oil-filled motor with self-lubricating bearings, designed for high speeds up to 8400 rpm.
External frequency converter or frequency converter integrated within the motor, for operation of the pump at speeds up to 8400 rpm, including the following functions:
- Soft starter
- Undervoltage, overvoltage and short-circuit protection
- Thermal overload protection of the motor and the frequency converter
The version "HS-E…“ with external frequency converter offers the following additional equipment features:
- Control function "CP“: Constant pressure
- Avoidance of frequent switching (cycling) by leakage monitoring
- Dry-running protection with automatic reset
- Change of direction of rotation
- Setting for max. flow and set pressure
- Pressure is shown on the display
- Settings, operating statuses and error messages are shown by LEDs or on the display.
The frequency converter always must be installed outside the fluid where it will be protected against overflows!
Control function "CP“: Constant pressure
Operation with the frequency converter means the rotation speed of the unit is adapted to the current water requirements automatically. As a result, the submersible pump always delivers a constant pressure.
The motor is cooled by the fluid. The motor must always be operated in submerged state. The limit values for the max. fluid temperature and the minimum flow rate must not be exceeded.
In cases of vertical installation, a cooling jacket must be provided depending on the diameter of the bore. In cases of horizontal installation, a cooling jacket must always be provided .
The external frequency converter is also cooled by the fluid. For this the frequency converter must be installed directly in the piping outside the fluid (overflow-proof).