Superior intelligence, unparalleled quality.
Superior intelligence, unparalleled quality.
The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z has specifically been developed for drinking water applications and combines the innovative characteristics of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO with a stainless steel housing. The durable and hygienic material sets it apart from other domestic hot water circulators on the market.
- Intuitive operation by means of application-guided settings with the Setting assistant plus the combination of a new display and operating button using Green Button Technology.
- Highest standard of drinking water hygiene and energy efficiency with the new, innovative, intelligent T-const. control function.
- Optimum hygiene promotion through thermal disinfection detection.
- Latest communication interfaces (e.g. Bluetooth) for connection to mobile devices and direct pump networking for multiple pump control via Wilo Net.
- Maximum convenience in electrical installation thanks to a clearly arranged and spacious terminal room and the optimised Wilo-Connector.
Tomorrow’s technology for today’s systems.
Head start in the future: the Wilo-Stratos MAXO family.
The world’s first smart-pump* features tomorrow’s innovations that make your life easier today: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO offers you greater efficiency, connectivity and comfort than ever before. It is the first pump which has an intuitive user interface – and makes installation and operation as easier than ever before.
The Wilo-Stratos MAXO also redefines system efficiency: By featuring innovative energy-saving functions and new control modes it attains maximum system efficiency. The highest level of compatibility with existing systems is also a matter of course for our smart-pump. In 2017, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has already been awarded the “Design Plus powered by ISH” seal of approval for its sustainability, innovative design and energy-efficient technology.
In addition, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has won “GOLD” in the “Technology” category of the “BLUE INNOVATION AWARD 2018” exhibitor’s innovation prize, which was awarded for the first time at the expoEnergy 2018 in Wels. Put your faith in the pump technology of the future; you and your customers will profit from the outstanding features of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO.
* We understand a smart-pump as a new category of pumps, which goes far beyond our high-efficiency pumps or pumps with pump intelligence. Only the combination of the latest sensor technology and innovative control functions (e.g. Dynamic Adapt plus and Multi-Flow Adaptation), bidirectional connectivity (e.g. Bluetooth, integrated analogue inputs, binary inputs and outputs, Wilo Net interface), software updates and excellent usability (e.g. thanks to the Setup Guide, the preview principle for predictive navigation and the tried and tested Green Button Technology) make this pump a smart-pump.
Superior intelligence and quality: Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z
The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z has specifically been developed for drinking water applications and combines the innovative characteristics of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO with a stainless steel housing. The durable and hygienic material sets it apart from other domestic hot water circulators on the market. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z has further benefits:
- Highest standard of drinking water hygiene and energy efficiency with the new, intelligent T-const. control function.
- Optimum hygiene support through thermal disinfection detection
Installation in no time.
More user-friendliness than ever before: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z offers maximum convenience for installation and configuration – and therefore saving time in your day-to-day work. The control panel, terminal box and power board have been fitted one behind the other to avoid the problem of too small terminal spaces. The power supply unit and the pump electronics are located one level behind the terminal space and are supplied with the same optimised Wilo-Connector for all sizes. Thanks to spring clips for an easy connection, no additional tool is necessary.
Your installation advantages in detail:
- Easily-accessible, clearly arranged and uniform cable braid
- Up to five cable bushings
- Separate input for power and for Wilo Net
- Coloured labelling of terminals and a clear separation of electrical and communication connections (SELV) for a safe and easy assignment of the terminals
- One click commissioning
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (automatic selection of correct control function)
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
One click commissioning.
Intuitive operation: Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z impresses with the application-guided configuration with the help of the settings assistant, a new display and the operating button using the Green Button Technology. This provides outstanding user-friendliness on commissioning.
Your advantages on commissioning in detail:
- One click commissioning with factory settings
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (guided selection of correct control function)
- Intuitive user interface with preview function and application-based presettings
- Large display with high resolution and very good legibility
The energy-saving function automatically deactivates the pump at zero-flow-detection. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z recognises when, despite its speed, the volume flow supplied is too low. This means that the valves in the consumer circuit are closed. Thanks to the intelligent function the pump stops the motor if the volume flow falls below a specified minimum level. At regular intervals, it checks whether the minimum volume flow has been exceeded again, then continues in its set control mode in auto control mode. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z thus avoids unnecessary running time and saves electrical pumping energy.
From the integration in building automation to control by app, Wilo ensures comprehensive communication capability with intelligent and smart technologies. We connect you smartly to your pumps and pump systems and give you an overview of installation sites and operating conditions whilst you are on the go.
Our app for the remote control of Wilo-Smart products:
- Our app for remote control of Wilo products:
- Connection of the pump to smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth interface
- No dongle required
- Configuration, control and fine tuning
- The capture of operating information for storing, transfer and creating documentation
- Software updates
- Particularly convenient for pumps that are hard to access
The app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play free of charge.Download the Wilo Assistant
Our cloud service for remote control over great distances:
- Access via the internet
- Option for pump monitoring and control worldwide
- Collecting and forwarding pump data
- Sending information, fault messages and warnings
- Visualisation and storage of the data via Wilo-Smart Connect app
The module for connectivity to our Wilo-Smart Cloud remote access infrastructure:
- Connection (via Wilo Net) to the Wilo-Smart Cloud, the new Wilo online platform
- Simple and safe data transfer from the Wilo pump
- Enables remote monitoring and control of the pump via smartphone or tablet
Wilo-CIF-Modul: for integration into building automation
- Convenient installation: special slot in the terminal room and simple cabling
- Different BUS protocols: Modbus RTU, BACnet MS/TP, CANopen, LON TP/FT-10, PLR
- For Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z
Smart glandless circulator with screwed connection or flange connection, EC motor with integrated electronic power adjustment
Domestic hot water circulation systems of all kinds, hot-water heating systems of all kinds, air-conditioning, closed cooling circuits, industrial circulation systems
Field of application
The pump facilitates an operation with highest system efficiency via precise setting of the control mode for the system-specific application (e.g. radiator, underfloor heating, ceiling cooling).
- Underfloor heating
- Ceiling heating
- Fan heater
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
- Ceiling cooling
- Underfloor cooling
- Air-conditioning devices
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
Heating and cooling combined
- Automatic switchover
The following control modes are available depending on the selected application:
- Constant speed (control mode)
- Δp-c for constant differential pressure
- Δp-v for variable differential pressure
- Dynamic Adapt plus for continuous (dynamic) adjustment of the delivery rate to the current requirement
- T-const. for constant temperature regulation
- ΔT for differential temperature control
- Constant Q for constant volume flow control
- Multi-Flow Adaptation: Total volume flow determination through the feeder pump for the needs-based supply of secondary pumps in the heating circuit distributors
- User-defined PID controller
- Q-limitmax. for limiting the maximum volume flow
- Q-limitmin. for limiting the minimum volume flow
- No-Flow Stop (zero-flow-deactivation)
- Automatic setback operation
- Index circuit evaluator (Δp-c control with external actual value sensor)
- Thermal disinfection detection
- Variable pitch of Δp-v pump curve
- Selection of the field of application using the Setup Guide
- Setting the related operating parameters
- Nominal duty point: direct input of calculated duty point at Δp-v
- Status display
- Setting and resetting the energy meters (heating and cooling)
- Pump venting function
- Key lock for disabling the settings
- Function for resetting the factory settings or the saved restoration points (parameter sets)
- Parameterising the analogue inputs
- Parameterising the binary inputs
- Parameterising the relay outputs
- Power adjustment according to requirements for energy-efficient operation depending on the operating mode
- Setback operation
- Deactivation at zero flow (No-Flow Stop)
- Soft start
- Automatic troubleshooting routines (e.g. deblocking function)
- Switchover heating/cooling mode
- Full motor protection with integrated trip electronics
External control inputs and their functions
2 x analogue inputs:
- Signal types: 0 – 10 V, 2 – 10 V, 0 – 20 mA, 4 – 20 mA, PT1000
- Applications: Remote adjustment of the setpoints in every control mode (except Multi-Flow Adaptation), sensor inputs for temperature, differential pressure or free sensor in user-defined PID-operating mode
2 x digital inputs:
- For potential-free control outputs or switch
- Parametrizable functions:
- Ext. Off
- Ext. Min
- Ext. Max
- MANUAL (BMS-OFF)
- Key lock
- Switchover between heating/cooling mode
Wilo Net for dual pump management of 2 single pumps, communication of several pumps with each other and pump-remote adjustment via gateway
Signal and display functions
- Display status operation display:
- Actual delivery head
- Actual volume flow
- Power consumption
- Electric consumption
- Status display LED: Faultless operation (green LED), pump communication (blue LED)
- Display status of display fault (display red):
- Error codes and error description in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status of display warning (display yellow):
- Warning codes and description of the warning in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status process indicator display (display blue):
- Pump venting
- Update procedure
- Display BMS communication (display blue):
- Summary of the active BMS parameters (baud rate, address,...)
- Collective fault signal SSM (potential-free changeover contact)
- Collective run signal SBM (potential-free normally open contact)
- Bluetooth interface for wireless data exchange and remote operation of the pump using a smartphone or tablet.
- Serial digital interface Modbus RTU for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module Modbus RTU).
- Serial digital interface BACnet MS/TP for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module BACnet MS/TP).
- Serial digital interface LON for connecting building automation (BA) via bus system LONWorks (possible with Wilo-CIF module LON).
- Serial digital interface PLR for connecting BA via company-specific coupling module (possible with Wilo-CIF module PLR).
- For flange-end pumps: Flange versions
- Standard version for DN 32 to DN 65 pumps: PN 6/10 combination flange (PN 16 flange according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 and PN 16 counter flanges
- Standard version for DN 80/DN 100 pumps: PN 6 flange (designed for PN 16 according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 counter flange
- Special version for DN 32 to DN 100 pumps: PN 16 flange (according to EN 1092-2) for PN 16 counter flange
- Various integrated communication interfaces and optionally usable CIF module plug-in position
- 5 cable inlets for connecting the communication interfaces
- Bluetooth interface
- High resolution graphic display with green button and 2 additional buttons
- User-friendly terminal room
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Thermal insulation as standard for heating applications
- Quick electrical connection with optimised Wilo-Connector for the power supply
Scope of delivery
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
- 2x threaded cable connection M16 x 1.5
- Washers for flange screws (for nominal connection diameters DN 32 - DN 65)
- Including gaskets for threaded connection
- Thermal insulation
- Installation and operating instructions
Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z 40/0,5-8
High-efficiency pump (screw-end or flange-end pump), electronically controlled
Single pump for domestic hot water circulation
Nominal connection diameter
Nominal delivery head range [m]
- Permissible temperature range
- Drinking water up to 3.57 mmol/l (20 °dH): 0 °C to +80 °C
- Heating water: -10 °C to +110 °C
- Mains connection 1~230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Protection class IPX4D
- Screwed connection or flange connection (depending on type) Rp 1 to DN 65
- Max. operating pressure of standard version: 6/10 bar (special version: 16 bar)
- Insulation class: F
- Emitted interference in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / residential environment (C1)
- Interference resistance in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / industrial environment (C2)
- Pump housing made of stainless steel
- Thermal insulation: polypropylene
- Impeller: Plastic
- Shaft: Stainless steel
- Bearing: carbon
- Smart glandless circulator with EC motor and integrated electronic power adjustment
- Green Button Technology and graphic display
- Motor protection with trip electronics
- Plug connection for functional extension with optional CIF module for building automation (BA)
- Impeller with three-dimensionally curved blades and plastic sealing tube made of carbon fibre composite material
Installation and operating instructions
General overview (Documents)
Stratos, Stratos-D, Stratos-Z, Stratos-ZD, Stratos MAXO, Stratos MAXO-D, Stratos MAXO-Z, Stratos PARA, Stratos PARA-Z,Yonos MAXO, Yonos MAXO-Z, Yonos ECO BMS, Yonos PARA HF, TOP-S, TOP-Z, TOP-SD, TOP-RL, TOP-I
|Page format||209.9 x 297.0 mm|
|Number of pages||40|