Superior intelligence, unparalleled quality.
Superior intelligence, unparalleled quality.
The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z has specifically been developed for drinking water applications and combines the innovative characteristics of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO with a stainless steel housing. The durable and hygienic material sets it apart from other domestic hot water circulators on the market.
- Intuitive operation by application-guided settings with the setting assistant plus the combination of a new display and operating button using Green Button Technology.
- Highest standard of drinking water hygiene and energy efficiency with the new, innovative, intelligent T-const. control function.
- Optimum hygiene promotion through thermal disinfection detection.
- State-of-the-art communication interfaces (e.g. Bluetooth) for connection to mobile devices, including direct pump networking for multi-pump control via the Wilo Net.
- Maximum convenience for electric installation with the spacious and clearly arranged terminal room and optimised Wilo-Connector.
Head start in the future: the Wilo-Stratos MAXO family.
The world’s first smart-pump* features tomorrow’s innovations that make your life easier today: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO offers you greater efficiency, connectivity and comfort than ever before. It is the first pump which has an intuitive user interface – and makes installation and operation as easier than ever before.
The Wilo-Stratos MAXO also redefines system efficiency: By featuring innovative energy-saving functions and new control modes it attains maximum system efficiency. The highest level of compatibility with existing systems is also a matter of course for our smart-pump. In 2017, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has already been awarded the “Design Plus powered by ISH” seal of approval for its sustainability, innovative design and energy-efficient technology.
In addition, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has won “GOLD” in the “Technology” category of the “BLUE INNOVATION AWARD 2018” exhibitor’s innovation prize, which was awarded for the first time at the expoEnergy 2018 in Wels. Put your faith in the pump technology of the future; you and your customers will profit from the outstanding features of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO.
* We understand a smart-pump as a new category of pumps, which goes far beyond our high-efficiency pumps or pumps with pump intelligence. Only the combination of the latest sensor technology and innovative control functions (e.g. Dynamic Adapt plus and Multi-Flow Adaptation), bidirectional connectivity (e.g. Bluetooth, integrated analogue inputs, binary inputs and outputs, Wilo Net interface), software updates and excellent usability (e.g. thanks to the Setup Guide, the preview principle for predictive navigation and the tried and tested Green Button Technology) make this pump a smart-pump.
Superior intelligence and quality: Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z
The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z has specifically been developed for drinking water applications and combines the innovative characteristics of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO with a stainless steel housing. The durable and hygienic material sets it apart from other domestic hot water circulators on the market. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z has further benefits:
- Highest standard of drinking water hygiene and energy efficiency with the new, intelligent T-const. control function.
- Optimum hygiene support through thermal disinfection detection
Installation in no time.
More user-friendliness than ever before: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z offers maximum convenience for installation and configuration – and therefore saving time in your day-to-day work. The control panel, terminal box and power board have been fitted one behind the other to avoid the problem of too small terminal spaces. The power supply unit and the pump electronics are located one level behind the terminal space and are supplied with the same optimised Wilo-Connector for all sizes. Thanks to spring clips for an easy connection, no additional tool is necessary.
Your installation advantages in detail:
- Easily-accessible, clearly arranged and uniform cable braid
- Up to five cable bushings
- Separate input for power and for Wilo Net
- Coloured labelling of terminals and a clear separation of electrical and communication connections (SELV) for a safe and easy assignment of the terminals
- One click commissioning
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (automatic selection of correct control function)
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
One click commissioning.
Intuitive operation: Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z impresses with the application-guided configuration with the help of the settings assistant, a new display and the operating button using the Green Button Technology. This provides outstanding user-friendliness on commissioning.
Your advantages on commissioning in detail:
- One click commissioning with factory settings
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (guided selection of correct control function)
- Intuitive user interface with preview function and application-based presettings
- Large display with high resolution and very good legibility
Innovative control modes and additional functions.
The Stratos MAXO-Z is preset at the factory with control mode T-const. for the application drinking water, system type circulation. In the T-const. control mode, the pump keeps a configured temperature setpoint at a consistent level. A temperature sensor integrated in the pump detects the fluid temperature so that a separate sensor is not absolutely necessary for this control. One field of application is, for example, the supply of a consumer circuit with a fixed feed temperature.
Using a sensor connected to the hot water tank or the hot water output line, the Stratos MAXO-Z detects when the hot water temperature exceeds a specified limit value and interprets this as the start of a thermal disinfection. At this point, the pump begins to pump at full speed.
The advantages of this process are:
- Improvement of thermal disinfection in the drinking water pipe by ensuring proper flushing thanks to a high flow rate.
- Slowing down of hot water cooling in the pipe network
The energy-saving function automatically deactivates the pump at zero-flow-detection. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z recognises when, despite its speed, the volume flow supplied is too low. This means that the valves in the consumer circuit are closed. Thanks to the intelligent function the pump stops the motor if the volume flow falls below a specified minimum level. At regular intervals, it checks whether the minimum volume flow has been exceeded again, then continues in its set control mode in auto control mode. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z thus avoids unnecessary running time and saves electrical pumping energy.
Convenient connectivity and control for maximum operational reliability.
Wilo-Smart Connect is the general Wilo communications platform for access to existing and future Wilo pumps and pump systems with local and remote access to the Smart connect function in the Wilo-Assistant app. For existing pumps, a Wilo-Smart IF module is also required for access.
Local access is via Bluetooth, remote access via the Wilo-Smart Gateway, which connects the Wilo pumps to the Wilo-Smart Cloud. Data is transmitted to the Gateway within the secured Wilo-Net. With this as a basis, even existing systems can be upgraded where required and adjusted, continuously monitored and optimised by Wilo Service using Wilo-Smart Connect on site or via remote access.
- Maximum operational reliability for pumps and pump systems through maximum transparency thanks to constant operating status reading, monitoring and analysis
- Creating and storing the commissioning report at the touch of a button for evidence and documentation
- Quicker and easier commissioning of multi-pump systems using stored configurations
- Easy operating analysis using statistics imaging
- Saving on costly site visits through remote access over the Internet
- Future-proof thanks to regular software updates
Smart Connect function:
Convenient pump management with the Wilo-Assistant app.
The Smart connect function enables mobile access to network-ready pumps and pump systems. The function integrated in the Wilo-Assistant app also provides a full overview of pump locations and their operating statuses. For physically hard-to-reach pumps, a Bluetooth interface using a smartphone enables on-site commissioning, monitoring and maintenance. Additional accessories are not required.
Configuring and precisely adjusting multi-pump systems is made easier by the option of drawing on previous one-time saved commissioning configurations. The function also offers the prospect of software updates for update-ready Wilo pumps in future.
- Quick and easy local and remote access via the Wilo-Assistant app to Wilo products for configuration, control and precision adjustment
- Local access even to hard-to-reach pumps using the Bluetooth function on mobile devices without an additional dongle
- Authentication process for protecting against third-party access
- Easy commissioning and operation thanks to intuitive user guidance
- Direct reading, storage and transmitting of parameters with the option of creating e.g. commissioning reports
- Improved future-proofing for Wilo pumps through optional software updates
Full transparency from anywhere.
Our cloud service for remote control over great distances:The Wilo-Smart Cloud is the central Wilo online database for the collection, storage and transmission of Wilo pump data. The data stored is the basis for clear illustration within Wilo-Smart Connect and global authenticated remote access for monitoring and controlling Wilo pumps and pump systems.
- Instant storage and forwarding of parameters and statistics from Wilo products
- Global direct access to Wilo pump data via the Internet
- Authentication for protecting against data access by third parties
- Local maintenance and control of connected systems
Data transmission for remote access in real time.
The Wilo-Smart Gateway is the link to the Wilo-Smart Cloud for remote monitoring and control of pumps via mobile devices. For Wilo-Smart Connect remote access, the Wilo-Smart Gateway transmits operating data and control signals between the Wilo pumps in the Wilo-Smart Cloud online in real time.Read more
Smart glandless circulator with screwed connection or flange connection, EC motor with integrated electronic power adjustment
Domestic hot water circulation systems of all kinds, hot-water heating systems of all kinds, air-conditioning, closed cooling circuits, industrial circulation systems
Field of application
The pump facilitates an operation with highest system efficiency via precise setting of the control mode for the system-specific application (e.g. circulation, drinking water storage tank).
- Drinking water storage tank
Other applications are possible:
- Underfloor heating
- Ceiling heating
- Fan heater
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
- Ceiling cooling
- Underfloor cooling
- Air-conditioning devices
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
Heating and cooling combined
- Automatic switchover
The following control modes are available depending on the selected application:
- Constant speed (control mode)
- Δp-c for constant differential pressure
- Δp-v for variable differential pressure
- Dynamic Adapt plus for continuous (dynamic) adjustment of the delivery rate to the current requirement
- T-const. for constant temperature regulation
- ΔT for differential temperature control
- Constant Q for constant volume flow control
- Multi-Flow Adaptation: Total volume flow determination through the feeder pump for the needs-based supply of secondary pumps in the heating circuit distributors
- User-defined PID controller
- Q-limitmax. for limiting the maximum volume flow
- Q-limitmin. for limiting the minimum volume flow
- No-Flow Stop (zero-flow-deactivation)
- Automatic setback operation
- Index circuit evaluator (Δp-c control with external actual value sensor)
- Thermal disinfection detection
- Variable pitch of Δp-v pump curve
- Selection of the field of application in the setting assistant
- Setting the related operating parameters
- Nominal duty point: direct input of calculated duty point at Δp-v
- Status display
- Setting and resetting the energy meters (heating and cooling)
- Pump venting function
- Key lock for disabling the settings
- Function for resetting the factory settings or the saved restoration points (parameter sets)
- Parameterising the analogue inputs
- Parameterising the binary inputs
- Parameterising the relay outputs
- Power adjustment according to requirements for energy-efficient operation depending on the operating mode
- Setback operation
- Deactivation at zero flow (No-Flow Stop)
- Soft start
- Automatic troubleshooting routines (e.g. deblocking function)
- Switchover heating/cooling mode
- Full motor protection with integrated trip electronics
External control inputs and their functions
2 x analogue inputs:
- Signal types: 0 – 10 V, 2 – 10 V, 0 – 20 mA, 4 – 20 mA, PT1000
- Applications: Remote adjustment of the setpoints in every control mode (except Multi-Flow Adaptation), sensor inputs for temperature, differential pressure or free sensor in user-defined PID-operating mode
2 x digital inputs:
- For potential-free control outputs or switch
- Parametrisable functions:
- Ext. Off
- Ext. Min
- Ext. Max
- MANUAL (BMS-OFF)
- Key lock
- Switchover between heating/cooling mode
Wilo Net for dual pump management of 2 single pumps, communication of several pumps with each other and pump-remote adjustment via gateway
Signal and display functions
- Display status operation display:
- Actual delivery head
- Actual volume flow
- Power consumption
- Electric consumption
- Status display LED: Faultless operation (green LED), pump communication (blue LED)
- Display status of display fault (display red):
- Error codes and error description in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status of display warning (display yellow):
- Warning codes and description of the warning in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status process indicator display (display blue):
- Pump venting
- Update procedure
- Display BMS communication (display blue):
- Summary of the active BMS parameters (baud rate, address,...)
- Collective fault signal SSM (potential-free changeover contact)
- Collective run signal SBM (potential-free normally open contact)
- Bluetooth interface for wireless data exchange and remote operation of the pump using a smartphone or tablet.
- Remote monitoring of the pump via the Internet with the Wilo-Smart Gateway.
- Digital Modbus TCP interface for connection to building automation (BA) (possible with Wilo-CIF module Ethernet [multi-protocol]).
- Serial digital interface Modbus RTU for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module Modbus RTU).
- Digital BACnet IP interface for connection to building automation (BA) (possible with Wilo-CIF module Ethernet [multi-protocol]).
- Serial digital interface BACnet MS/TP for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module BACnet MS/TP).
- Serial digital interface LON for connecting building automation (BA) via bus system LONWorks (possible with Wilo-CIF module LON).
- Serial digital interface CANopen for connecting building automation (BA) via bus system CANopen (possible with Wilo-CIF module CANopen).
- Serial digital interface PLR for connecting BA via company-specific coupling module (possible with Wilo-CIF module PLR).
- For flange-end pumps: Flange versions
- Standard version for DN 32 to DN 65 pumps: PN 6/10 combination flange (PN 16 flange according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 and PN 16 counter flanges
- Standard version for DN 80/DN 100 pumps: PN 6 flange (designed for PN 16 according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 counter flange
- Special version for DN 32 to DN 100 pumps: PN 16 flange (according to EN 1092-2) for PN 16 counter flange
- Various integrated communication interfaces and optionally usable CIF module plug-in position
- 5 cable inlets for connecting the communication interfaces
- Bluetooth interface
- High resolution graphic display with green button and 2 additional buttons
- User-friendly terminal room
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Thermal insulation as standard for heating applications
- Quick electrical connection with optimised Wilo-Connector for the power supply
Wilo-Stratos MAXO-Z 40/0,5-8
High-efficiency pump (screw-end or flange-end pump), electronically controlled
Single pump for domestic hot water circulation
Nominal connection diameter
Nominal delivery head range [m]
- Permissible temperature range
- Drinking water up to 3.57 mmol/l (20 °dH): 0 °C to +80 °C
- Heating water: -10 °C to +110 °C
- Mains connection 1~230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Protection class IPX4D
- Screwed connection or flange connection (depending on type) Rp 1 to DN 65
- Max. operating pressure of standard version: 6/10 bar (special version: 16 bar)
- Insulation class: F
- Emitted interference in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / residential environment (C1)
- Interference resistance in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / industrial environment (C2)
- Pump housing made of stainless steel
- Thermal insulation: polypropylene
- Impeller: Plastic
- Shaft: Stainless steel
- Bearing: carbon
- Smart glandless circulator with EC motor and integrated electronic power adjustment
- Green Button Technology and graphic display
- Motor protection with trip electronics
- Plug connection for functional extension with optional CIF module for building automation (BA)
- Impeller with three-dimensionally curved blades and plastic sealing tube made of carbon fibre composite material
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
- 2x threaded cable connection M16 x 1.5
- Washers for flange screws (for nominal connection diameters DN 32 - DN 65)
- Including gaskets for threaded connection
- Thermal insulation
- Installation and operating instructions
Installation and operating instructions
General overview (Documents)
Stratos, Stratos-D, Stratos-Z, Stratos-ZD, Stratos MAXO, Stratos MAXO-D, Stratos MAXO-Z, Stratos PARA, Stratos PARA-Z,Yonos MAXO, Yonos MAXO-Z, Yonos ECO BMS, Yonos PARA HF, TOP-S, TOP-Z, TOP-SD, TOP-RL, TOP-I
|Page format||209.9 x 297.0 mm|
|Number of pages||40|
Certificate REACH (Documents)
Release notes Software
|Product description||Pump connection||Energy efficiency index (EEI)||Port-to-port length L0||Maximum operating pressure PN||Mains connection||Gross weight, approx. m||Pieces per pallet||Article number|