The smart-pump for commercial buildings with building management system.
The smart-pump for commercial buildings with building management system.
With optimised and innovative energy-saving features, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO sets new standards for commercial HVAC and drinking water applications in terms of energy efficiency. Its outstanding user-friendliness makes operating the pump easier than ever before.
- Various options for integration into building management systems
- Intuitive operation by means of application-guided settings with the setting assistant plus the combination of a new display and operating button using Green Button Technology.
- Maximum energy efficiency thanks to the combination of optimised and innovative energy-saving functions (e.g. No-Flow Stop).
- Optimum system efficiency thanks to new and innovative intelligent control functions, such as Dynamic Adapt plus, Multi-Flow Adaptation, T-const. and ΔT-const.
- Latest communication interfaces (e.g. Bluetooth) for connection to mobile devices and direct pump networking for multiple pump control via Wilo Net.
- Maximum convenience in electrical installation thanks to a clearly arranged and spacious terminal room and the optimised Wilo-Connector.
Head start in the future: the Wilo-Stratos MAXO family.
The world’s first smart-pump* features tomorrow’s innovations that make your life easier today: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO offers you greater efficiency, connectivity and comfort than ever before. It is the first pump which has an intuitive user interface – and makes installation and operation as easier than ever before. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO also redefines system efficiency: By featuring innovative energy-saving functions and new control modes it attains maximum system efficiency.
The highest level of compatibility with existing systems is also a matter of course for our smart-pump.In 2017, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has already been awarded the “Design Plus powered by ISH” seal of approval for its sustainability, innovative design and energy-efficient technology.
In addition, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO has won “GOLD” in the “Technology” category of the “BLUE INNOVATION AWARD 2018” exhibitor’s innovation prize, which was awarded for the first time at the expoEnergy 2018 in Wels. Put your faith in the pump technology of the future; you and your customers will profit from the outstanding features of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO.
* We understand a smart-pump as a new category of pumps, which goes far beyond our high-efficiency pumps or pumps with pump intelligence. Only the combination of the latest sensor technology and innovative control functions (e.g. Dynamic Adapt plus and Multi-Flow Adaptation), bidirectional connectivity (e.g. Bluetooth, integrated analogue inputs, binary inputs and outputs, Wilo Net interface), software updates and excellent usability (e.g. thanks to the Setup Guide, the preview principle for predictive navigation and the tried and tested Green Button Technology) make this pump a smart-pump.
Highest efficiency for heating, air conditioning and cooling.
Powerful, easy maintenance, reliable and a long service life are properties which you can naturally expect from Wilo pumps. Our high-efficiency pumps deliver top-rate performances for applications in heating, air conditioning and cooling.
Supplying a property with water and heat at all times puts high demands on the pumps with regard to energy efficiency and resource conservation. Wilo meets these challenges with customised solutions and highly efficient technology; our heating systems achieve maximum efficiencies. This way, landlords and business owners can noticeably lower their operating costs and increase the value of their property long-term.
Installation in no time.
More user-friendliness than ever before: The Wilo-Stratos MAXO offers maximum convenience for installation and configuration – and therefore saving time in your day-to-day work. The control panel, terminal box and power board have been fitted one behind the other to avoid the problem of too small terminal spaces. The power supply unit and the pump electronics are located one level behind the terminal space and are supplied with the same optimised Wilo-Connector for all sizes. Thanks to spring clips for an easy connection, no additional tool is necessary.
Your installation advantages in detail:
- Easily-accessible, clearly arranged and uniform cable braid
- Up to five cable bushings
- Separate input for power and for Wilo Net
- Coloured labelling of terminals and a clear separation of electrical and communication connections (SELV) for a safe and easy assignment of the terminals
- One click commissioning (factory settings: Heating, Dynamic Adapt plus, date and time)
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (automatic selection of correct control function)
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
One click commissioning.
Intuitive operation: Wilo-Stratos MAXO impresses with the application-guided configuration with the help of the settings assistant, a new display and the operating button using the Green Button Technology. This provides outstanding user-friendliness on commissioning.
Your advantages on commissioning in detail:
- One click commissioning with factory settings (Heating – Radiator – Dynamic Adapt plus)
- Settings assistant: application-based setting of pump function (guided selection of correct control function)
- Intuitive user interface with preview function and application-based presettings
- Large display with high resolution and very good legibility
Innovative technologies for more efficient systems.
The new intelligent control modes are in Focus for higher efficiency. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO is the pump with the highest system efficiency on the market. It achieves its maximum efficiency thanks to optimised and innovative energy-saving functions such as Multi-Flow Adaptation and No-Flow Stop as well as its very good EEI ≤ 0.17 to ≤ 0.19. The combination of additional sophisticated control functions such as Dynamic Adapt plus allows for highest energy efficiency of the Wilo-Stratos MAXO – with easiest operation.
Dynamic adapt plus
The new control function automatically adjusts the delivery head to the hydraulic demand without the need to specify a setpoint. After initial commissioning, the Wilo-Stratos MAXO selects a duty point in the middle of the pump duty chart. New operating points are identified after each change in volume flow. The aim of this control method is to select the operating point so that the valves are open as wide as possible. This allows the system to operate with the lowest possible pressure loss. The adaptation to variable pressure conditions is performed automatically and independently. Up to 20 % energy savings compared to control mode Δp-v
The new innovative energy-saving function enables the feeder pump to adjust its output to the precise demand of the connected consumer circuit pumps. The feeder pump continuously receives the respective required volume flow from each individual secondary pump in short intervals. The sum of the required volume flows from all secondary pumps results from the target volume flow of the feeder pump, so that the feeder pump only pumps the precise volume flow that the secondary pump requires. It has the advantage that electrical pumping energy is saved in comparison to Δp-c control. In addition, a lower return temperature optimises the heat generator’s degree of utilisation which, in turn, has a positive fuel saving effect. For local and district heating transfer stations, the lower return temperature also leads to higher operational reliability, as it avoids activation of the return temperature limiter as well as overflows.
The energy-saving function automatically deactivates the pump at zero-flow-detection. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO recognises when, despite its speed, the volume flow supplied is too low. This means that the valves in the consumer circuit are closed. Thanks to the intelligent function the pump stops the motor if the volume flow falls below a specified minimum level. At regular intervals, it checks whether the minimum volume flow has been exceeded again, then continues in its set control mode in auto control mode. The Wilo-Stratos MAXO thus avoids unnecessary running time and saves electrical pumping energy.
Convenient connectivity and control for maximum operational reliability.
Wilo-Smart Connect is the general Wilo communications platform for access to existing and future Wilo pumps and pump systems with local and remote access to the Smart connect function in the Wilo-Assistant app. For existing pumps, a Wilo-Smart IF module is also required for access.
Local access is via Bluetooth, remote access via the Wilo-Smart Gateway, which connects the Wilo pumps to the Wilo-Smart Cloud. Data is transmitted to the Gateway within the secured Wilo-Net. With this as a basis, even existing systems can be upgraded where required and adjusted, continuously monitored and optimised by Wilo Service using Wilo-Smart Connect on site or via remote access.
- Maximum operational reliability for pumps and pump systems through maximum transparency thanks to constant operating status reading, monitoring and analysis
- Creating and storing the commissioning report at the touch of a button for evidence and documentation
- Quicker and easier commissioning of multi-pump systems using stored configurations
- Easy operating analysis using statistics imaging
- Saving on costly site visits through remote access over the Internet
- Future-proof thanks to regular software updates
Smart Connect function:
Convenient pump management with the Wilo-Assistant app.
The Smart connect function enables mobile access to network-ready pumps and pump systems. The function integrated in the Wilo-Assistant app also provides a full overview of pump locations and their operating statuses. For physically hard-to-reach pumps, a Bluetooth interface using a smartphone enables on-site commissioning, monitoring and maintenance. Additional accessories are not required.
Configuring and precisely adjusting multi-pump systems is made easier by the option of drawing on previous one-time saved commissioning configurations. The function also offers the prospect of software updates for update-ready Wilo pumps in future.
- Quick and easy local and remote access via the Wilo-Assistant app to Wilo products for configuration, control and precision adjustment
- Local access even to hard-to-reach pumps using the Bluetooth function on mobile devices without an additional dongle
- Authentication process for protecting against third-party access
- Easy commissioning and operation thanks to intuitive user guidance
- Direct reading, storage and transmitting of parameters with the option of creating e.g. commissioning reports
- Improved future-proofing for Wilo pumps through optional software updates
Full transparency from anywhere.
Our cloud service for remote control over great distances:The Wilo-Smart Cloud is the central Wilo online database for the collection, storage and transmission of Wilo pump data. The data stored is the basis for clear illustration within Wilo-Smart Connect and global authenticated remote access for monitoring and controlling Wilo pumps and pump systems.
- Instant storage and forwarding of parameters and statistics from Wilo products
- Global direct access to Wilo pump data via the Internet
- Authentication for protecting against data access by third parties
- Local maintenance and control of connected systems
Data transmission for remote access in real time.
The Wilo-Smart Gateway is the link to the Wilo-Smart Cloud for remote monitoring and control of pumps via mobile devices. For Wilo-Smart Connect remote access, the Wilo-Smart Gateway transmits operating data and control signals between the Wilo pumps in the Wilo-Smart Cloud online in real time.
Smart technology - comprehensive communication
The new Wilo-Stratos MAXO for HVAC and drinking water applications in large buildings sets new standards in energy efficiency - extensive studies and customer interviews enabled Wilo to design a pump which is completely tailored to the customer’s needs, even from the earliest development stage.read more
Carefree package for your everyday working life
With Wilo as your partner, you cannot only be sure of choosing high-quality product solutions, but also of benefiting from a comprehensive, carefree package of well-thought-out services.read more
Smart glandless circulator with screwed connection or flange connection, EC motor with integrated electronic power adjustment.
Hot-water heating systems of all kinds, air-conditioning systems, closed cooling circuits, industrial circulation systems.
Field of application
The pump facilitates an operation with highest system efficiency via precise setting of the control mode for the system-specific application (e.g. radiator, underfloor heating, ceiling cooling).
- Underfloor heating
- Ceiling heating
- Fan heater
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
- Ceiling cooling
- Underfloor cooling
- Air-conditioning devices
- Hydraulic shunt
- Heat exchanger
Heating and cooling combined
- Automatic switchover
The following control modes are available depending on the selected application:
- Constant speed (control mode)
- Δp-c for constant differential pressure
- Δp-v for variable differential pressure
- Dynamic Adapt plus for continuous (dynamic) adjustment of the delivery rate to the current requirement
- T-const. for constant temperature regulation
- ΔT for differential temperature control
- Constant Q for constant volume flow control
- Multi-Flow Adaptation: Total volume flow determination through the feeder pump for the needs-based supply of secondary pumps in the heating circuit distributors
- User-defined PID controller
- Q-limitmax. for limiting the maximum volume flow
- Q-limitmin. for limiting the minimum volume flow
- No-Flow Stop (zero-flow-deactivation)
- Automatic setback operation
- Index circuit evaluator (Δp-c control with external actual value sensor)
- Variable pitch of Δp-v pump curve
- Selection of the field of application using the Setup Guide
- Setting the related operating parameters
- Nominal duty point: direct input of calculated duty point at Δp-v
- Status display
- Setting and resetting the energy meters (heating and cooling)
- Pump venting function
- Key lock for disabling the settings
- Function for resetting the factory settings or the saved restoration points (parameter sets)
- Parameterising the analogue inputs
- Parameterising the binary inputs
- Parameterising the relay outputs
- Dual pump function (for 2 single pumps, which should be operated as twin-head pump)
- Power adjustment according to requirements for energy-efficient operation depending on the operating mode
- Setback operation
- Deactivation at zero flow (No-Flow Stop)
- Soft start
- Automatic troubleshooting routines (e.g. deblocking function)
- Switchover heating/cooling mode
- Full motor protection with integrated trip electronics
External control inputs and their functions
- 2 x analogue inputs:
- Signal types: 0 – 10 V, 2 – 10 V, 0 – 20 mA, 4 – 20 mA, PT1000
- Applications: Remote adjustment of the setpoints in every control mode (except Multi-Flow Adaptation), sensor inputs for temperature, differential pressure or free sensor in user-defined PID-operating mode
- 2 x digital inputs:
- For potential-free control outputs or switch
- Parametrizable functions:
- Ext. Off
- Ext. Min
- Ext. Max
- MANUAL (BMS-OFF)
- Key lock
- Switchover between heating/cooling mode
Wilo Net for dual pump management of 2 single pumps, communication of several pumps with each other and pump-remote adjustment via gateway
Signal and display functions
- Display status operation display:
- Actual delivery head
- Actual volume flow
- Power consumption
- Electric consumption
- Status display LED: Faultless operation (green LED), pump communication (blue LED)
- Display status of display fault (display red):
- Error codes and error description in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status of display warning (display yellow):
- Warning codes and description of the warning in full text
- Remedial measures
- Display status process indicator (display blue):
- Pump venting
- Update procedure
- Display BMS communication (display blue):
- Summary of the active BMS parameters (baud rate, address,...)
- Collective fault signal SSM (potential-free changeover contact)
- Collective run signal SBM (potential-free normally open contact)
- Bluetooth interface for wireless data exchange and remote operation of the pump using a smartphone or tablet.
- Serial digital interface Modbus RTU for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module Modbus RTU).
- Serial digital interface BACnet MS/TP for connecting building automation (BA) via RS485 bus system (possible with Wilo-CIF module BACnet MS/TP).
- Serial digital interface LON for connecting building automation (BA) via bus system LONWorks (possible with Wilo-CIF module LON).
- Serial digital interface PLR for connecting BA via company-specific coupling module (possible with Wilo-CIF module PLR).
Dual pump management (twin-head pump or 2 x single pumps)
- Main/standby operation (automatic fault-actuated switchover/time-sensitive pump alteration)
- Parallel operation (efficiency-optimised peak load cut-in and out)
- For flange-end pumps: Flange versions
- Standard version for DN 32 to DN 65 pumps: PN 6/10 combination flange (PN 16 flange according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 and PN 16 counter flanges
- Standard version for DN 80/DN 100 pumps: PN 6 flange (designed for PN 16 according to EN 1092-2) for PN 6 counter flange
- Special version for DN 32 to DN 100 pumps: PN 16 flange (according to EN 1092-2) for PN 16 counter flange
- Various integrated communication interfaces and optionally usable CIF module plug-in position
- 5 cable inlets for connecting the communication interfaces
- Bluetooth interface
- High resolution graphic display with green button and 2 additional buttons
- User-friendly terminal room
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Thermal insulation as standard for heating applications
- Quick electrical connection with optimised Wilo-Connector for the power supply
Scope of delivery
- Optimised Wilo-Connector
- 2x threaded cable connection M16 x 1.5
- Washers for flange screws (for nominal connection diameters DN 32 - DN 65)
- Gaskets for threaded connection
- Thermal insulation
- Installation and operating instructions
Wilo-Stratos MAXO 30/0,5-12
High-efficiency pump (screw-end or flange-end pump), electronically controlled
Nominal connection diameter
Nominal delivery head range [m]
- Permissible temperature range -10 °C to +110 °C
- Mains connection 1~230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Protection class IPX4D
- Screwed connection or flange connection (depending on type) Rp 1 to DN 100
- Max. operating pressure of standard version: 6/10 bar or 6 bar (special version: 10 bar or 16 bar)
- Insulation class: F
- Emitted interference in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / residential environment (C1)
- Interference resistance in acc. with: EN 61800-3:2004+A1:2012 / industrial environment (C2)
- Pump housing: grey cast iron with cataphoretic-coated
- Thermal insulation: polypropylene
- Shaft: Stainless steel
- Bearing: carbon
- Impeller: Plastic
- Smart glandless circulator with EC motor and integrated electronic power adjustment
- Green Button Technology and graphic display
- Motor protection with trip electronics
- Plug connection for functional extension with optional CIF module for building automation (BA)
- Impeller with three-dimensionally curved blades and plastic sealing tube made of carbon fibre composite material
Installation and operating instructions
General overview (Documents)
Stratos, Stratos-D, Stratos-Z, Stratos-ZD, Stratos MAXO, Stratos MAXO-D, Stratos MAXO-Z, Stratos PARA, Stratos PARA-Z,Yonos MAXO, Yonos MAXO-Z, Yonos ECO BMS, Yonos PARA HF, TOP-S, TOP-Z, TOP-SD, TOP-RL, TOP-I
|Page format||209.9 x 297.0 mm|
|Number of pages||40|
Certificate REACH (Documents)
Release notes Software
Number of results: 73
|Product description||Mains connection||Energy efficiency index (EEI)||Flow max Q max||Head max H max||Maximum operating pressure PN||Pump connection||Port-to-port length L0||Gross weight, approx. m||Article number|